Ever heard of a hen sitting on her mushrooms? Maybe not, but here she is:
Of course, this is a deviled egg plate, but it’s also perfect for those slippery little mushrooms.
Seriously easy and seriously delicious – this is how I like to cook. For years, I’ve made stuffed mushrooms – crammed with sausage, piled with crabmeat, or just mounded with a veggie-breadcrumb sauté. But these are the best. The herb cheese actually puffs to resemble a soufflé filling. Did I mention they’re easy?
One word of warning: napkin. Use one.
Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 package of regular white button mushrooms (not the huge stuffing ones)
- 1 package of Alouette Garlic & Herbs Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and de-stem the mushrooms. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Using a small spoon (a baby spoon works well), pack the cheese into the mushroom caps and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- These suckers are hot, so let them cool a minute before popping one into your mouth!