Being a foodie household, we have a few foodie friends. And when the foodie friends get together, you can bet we eat well.
A few years ago, friends invited us to their summer dinner party. That tradition morphed into a semi-annual Gourmet Night. We usually pick a date and theme (last Fall it was “Tapas”), delegate the courses (appetizers, entrée, desserts, sides, etc.), then eat ourselves silly. This year, we came up with No-Repeat Gourmet Night. Translation: make something you’ve never made before. And instead of running screaming from the unknown, these dear friends dove head first into their projects. Here’s the menu:
- Fried Polenta with Tomato Basil Sauce
- Sage Sausage Bites with Balsamic Apricot Dip
- Bruschetta with guacamole and tomato
- Beer-Battered Asparagus with a Lemon Herbed Dipping Sauce
Entrée and Sides
- Beef Braciole “Pinwheel-Style”
- Potato Rosettes (not the exact recipe used, but pretty close)
- Colorful Corn Salad
- Marinated Summer Beans
- Green salad with everything in it
- Butterscotch chocolate brownies
- Peanut butter chocolate Bundt cake
- Chocolate espresso cheesecake with blackberry glaze
That last photo is a real teaser, isn’t it? My darling daughter made that (I helped with the glaze). Stay tuned for a cheesecake post in the near future.