I know it’s green. And it’s made with instant pudding mix. But give this simple little cake a chance. My friend Becky gave me this recipe probably 15 years ago, and I have loved it every since for two reasons: it’s easy, and it tastes great all by itself. There’s no need for glaze, frosting, or even powdered sugar. In fact, the top of this cake gets a sweet and slightly crispy crust, which is absolutely the best part of every slice. So even though it looks a little radioactive or like a confection that should be served to the Grinch, don’t judge this cake by its color. Try it.
Pistachio Pound Cake
from foodie friend Becky
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup club soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a tube or Bundt pan.
- Combine all ingredients and beat in electric mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into cake.